Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY Perfect Hot Cocoa Mix (In a jar!)


It is nearing winter time, so to prepare I thought I would share with you my hot cocoa recipe, and for fun, put it in a jar! (Because everything tastes better from a jar amiright?)


  • A jar
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder (optional)
You can really personalize the ingredients depending on how sweet and spicy you like it, or add marshmallows or coffee!


1. Put cocoa, powder sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne into 
your jar! 
(It is definitely better to sift these but I did not think to do it then)






2. Close the cap tightly!
It should look like chocolate terrarium!


3. Shake it up until it is mixed well and you see no clumps!





4. Take your chocolate chips, put them on a cutting board and chop 
them into chunks, or shavings, or little bits, depending on how you like them!





5. Sprinkle them on top of your mix in your jar!


6. Put the top on and add decorations!
Ribbons are optional (unless you are a rad-cool cat like me)



When I make my hot cocoa  I heat up my milk in the microwave for about a minute, remove the bigger chunks of chocolate from on top, and then add about 2-3 tbsp for every cup of milk, but just go crazy, there is no limit to your chocolatey-ness! Then, you can take some of the finer shavings from your chocolate and sprinkle them on top of your milk while it is still hot! They will melt into it and be delicious!





For Connor, Happy Birthday Girlie!





1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm - can't wait to try this! And maybe give as gifts!

    ReplyDelete